[WikiEN-l] Remembering why we are here

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Dec 16 04:00:46 UTC 2007

Christiano Moreschi wrote:
> Jimbo, don't look at me. Look at your staff/Board.

Believe me, we are all taking a very hard look at everything.

My point is not to blame you or to go into accusations or complaints of
any kind.

Here is what I am saying to the entire community:

I am one of you.  I am here to work in my best efforts for the benefit
of Wikipedia, for the benefit of our shared goal...

As I have said for years: "Imagine a world in which every single person
on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge.
That's what we're doing."

That's what we're doing.  You, me, all of us.

If you ever hear of anything like this again, please do not make the
"bad faith" assumption that it is being "hushed up".  Assume that I
would be outraged if I knew, and come and tell me.

I would really really appreciate it.

--Jimbo