[WikiEN-l] Actual data on spoiler warning uses by the public

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Sun Dec 16 00:06:43 UTC 2007

See http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6424&p=147306#p147306

In retrospect I'm not sure why no one did this before. The sample isn't
exactly
representative (since it is xkcd fora). But one interesting thing seems clear;
the public prefers spoiler warnings on Wikipedia and uses them.

Maybe it is just me, but this seems like a pretty good argument for
reinstating
them, or at minimum undeleting the template and letting people use them where
they judge to be more or less necessary.