[WikiEN-l] Neutral Point of View in three words

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Fri Dec 14 16:36:05 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:
> "Teach the controversy" is a phrase that encapsulates NPOV perfectly
> IMO. Except it's been popularised by advocates of Intelligent Design
> and is strongly associated with them.
>
> Is there a way to put it into [[WP:NPOV]] that wouldn't seem to be pushing ID?

Space in Wikipedia is not limited. Space in a curriculum is. The question
is whether the controversy, such as it is, has any place being taught to
school children during class time.

I think it would be unwise to recycle an ID motto for use on a Wikipedia
policy page. It might give people the wrong idea.

-- Tim Starling