[WikiEN-l] Former Wikimedia employee was a felon.

Aude audevivere at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 16:02:29 UTC 2007

The audit is not complete, and too soon to know either way if there was a
problem in her handling finances for the Foundation.  I am concerned, having
donated in the past, and for the sake of the ongoing fundraiser.  Don't want
to assume the worse, but it is disturbing that she handled finances.  It's
critical to do a background check on someone in that position.  Now that the
Foundation is hiring new staff, this needs to be done.

I know that fraud has happened at other non-profits, and it's disturbing
when they do.
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/06/10/cancer.funds/index.html

Really hope that's not the case here, but the audit needs to look at all
this carefully to provide us with some assurance or at least the facts.  The
Foundation has responsibilities to the donors.

-Aude