[WikiEN-l] Former Wikimedia employee was a felon.

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 15:46:53 UTC 2007

Actually, there's not necessarily any informant at all, though the Register have got their facts completely correct (as far as I can make out, this pretty much all tallies with my own data). Virtually all the data for confirmation of the facts is available online for free, though actually finding this data would either require a tip-off or a very impressive dirt-digging operation.

Really, I don't think anyone's accusing Doran of stealing money from WMF (yet), much as she seems to have stolen from others. Two issues here - the dazzling incompetence displayed by the WMF people/Board in not doing a criminal records check (over here, in the UK, you can't even breathe without getting Criminal Records Bureau clearance, I'm sure fellow UK-based WikiMedians can back me up here) - and if, and to what extent, people at WMF have lied to us and to the media.

Fuckups can be forgiven and forgotten. Nobody ever trusts someone caught out in lying again, though.

CM

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo.