[WikiEN-l] Former Wikimedia employee was a felon.

Nathan Awrich nawrich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 04:16:07 UTC 2007

Libel in the US requires malicious intent, which is notoriously hard
to prove - all they would need to do is demonstrate a legitimate
belief that the WMF Carolyn Doran is the same one involved in these
crimes. Additionally, since it is published in the UK there is the
question of jurisdiction. Still, it does seem unlikely that the
Register would expose itself to the comparatively low libel bar in the
UK.