[WikiEN-l] WR's secret forum and list

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 02:08:42 UTC 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 6:01 PM, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Matthew Brown wrote:
> > AFAIK, his name was never mentioned on the list.
>
> I thought Durova's post was quite explicit about his user name. What
> list are we talking about?

Username does not equal name in most cases.  If all you meant is that
someone's username being mentioned in such a context is permanently
damaging, well - is it more damaging than mentioning suspicions on the
site itself?

A situation where nobody can ever even suggest that someone is
behaving badly or suspiciously will not be good for Wikipedia, because
some users DO behave badly or suspiciously and discussing that is
necessary to reduce the damage that can be caused.

Nobody published the user's former identity on the list; I personally
still do not know it, because I have not sought it out.

-Matt