[WikiEN-l] WR's secret forum and list

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 23:49:11 UTC 2007

> Relata Refero wrote:
> > The cyberstalking list saw the !! email, which contained a vast error
> > of judgment, namely the implication that an obvious returning account
> > was a disruptive returning account; that error of judgment was
> > unchecked, in that nobody appeared to correct it prior to an
> > (undiscussed on-list) block; the list appears to contain several
> > respected editors.
>
> The cyberstalking list was not a secret list, but a private list.

<snip>

Consulting privately with your friends is a *good thing*.

> --Jimbo

Well, Jimbo...the fact that this particular block was discussed on the
cyberstalking and harassment list is indeed significant to the person who
was being blocked. The blockee is now forever besmirched by the fact that
having his name mentioned on that list has inappropriately associated him
with such vile activities.  Check your user talk page history for Alex
Barakhov's post, if you don't believe me.

There's a big difference between an impromptu sanity check and a regularized
mailing list. You still haven't gotten around to explaining why people felt
the need to go off-wiki to create solutions to big-picture on-wiki issues
such as harassment and cyberstalking. Now, nobody can stop anyone from
associating with anyone they wish to, but this harassment and cyberstalking
list had your name and a foundation employee's name on its roster, and I
would have thought either or both of you would have known better.

Risker