[WikiEN-l] WR's secret forum and list

Will Beback will.beback.1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 22:12:25 UTC 2007

Despite the recent interest in secret lists this message from
Blissyu2/Zordrac appears to have gone unnoticed.

Blissyu2 describes the existence of a secret forum on Wikipedia Review,
which he belongs to, that has been used to coordinate attacks on
Wikipedia and its editors. On his blog he described an even more secret
mailing list. (The entry has since been deleted). While he appears
contrite, the actual players in the coordinated attack have not
expressed any regret that I'm aware of.

Are we more concerned about a list intended to improve Wikipedia than we
are about a list and forum used to harm Wikipedia? Certainly good
intentions with bad execution can mess up a project, but bad intentions
with good execution are much worse. Wikipedia needs and benefits from
the criticism of those who want to see it improved. It isn't improved by
the plots of those who want to see it destroyed.

Will Beback