[WikiEN-l] Suffrage in ArbCom election

Nathan Awrich nawrich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 04:09:42 UTC 2007

It was 150 edits, which is different than 150 mainspace edits
(considerably, IMHO). What do we normally do to stop sockpuppets? On a
page with a much higher level of administrator attention (and official
officers watching) why should there be an even higher level of
protection against sockpuppets than elsewhere? Alternatively, why not
150 edits total? Or 500 edits total? As others have pointed out, using
edit counts to protect against sockpuppets isn't that effective given
the ability to make many edits very quickly. At any rate, as I've said
on the election voting talk page, I'll keep an eye out in the next
round of elections to try to convince folks then that a more
considered process of determining these restrictions is in order.
Consensus was mainly determined in this case by the lack of continued
dispute after it was first proposed.