[WikiEN-l] One alternative

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Dec 6 23:17:30 UTC 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 6:06 PM,  <joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu> wrote:
> Quoting Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
>
> > On Dec 6, 2007 5:49 PM, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> What CC list?
> >>
> > The list of people who communicated via CC: and BCC:, which was the
> > precursor to the cyberstalking list.
>
> I can tell you that that list had very little to do with the later
> cyberstalking
> list. For example, I was on the CC for that list and was very strongly not
> invited to the reformed list (apparently I argued with the general consensus
> too much, and one comment was interpreted by some editors as trolling). While
> those two lists had a lot of overlap, I don't see how it would help you.
> Furthermore, there were at least two editors on the cc list who used email
> addresses they generally keep private. So no, I don't think you'll be getting
> any list, nor for that matter do I see why you should. Many of the people on
> the cc never asked to be on the list nor made any comments, and I wouldn't be
> surprised if the later formed list was very similar.
>
> Why is this list important you anyways? At the risk of throwing more
> fuel on the
> fire, this sounds very close to some sort of attempt at guilt-by-association.

I think you misunderstood me, because I never asked for the list of
email addresses subscribed to any of the lists.  As for why the list
is important, I don't know whether it is important or not.  It's
potentially important, but on the other hand it might not be
important.  Depends on the details which have not yet been made
public.