[WikiEN-l] Forthcoming book about Wikipedia, "How Wikipedia Works" -- feedback wanted

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 00:41:05 UTC 2007

On 12/5/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a significant convenience involved in having a physical book
> in your hand. I imagine a significant number of people will buy the
> book rather than download it.

On the occasions where I've had this choice, I've almost invariably
opted for the .pdf because you get it faster, then once I've got that,
not found a compelling reason for getting the hardcopy. Need to read
away from a computer? Print some pages. Want to snuggle up with it in
bed? Uh, a software manual? And, as pointed out, being able to search
is a very powerful thing...

Steve