[WikiEN-l] One alternative

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 20:45:47 UTC 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 3:06 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2007 2:41 PM, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Seems pretty clear it's anathema on Wikipedia too, based on the general
> > > reaction when this came to light. And the secret body in this case
> > > didn't even have "authority" in any sort of official sense.
> >
> > And in this case there was no "secret body" that "determine[d] cases",
> > so "authority" was irrelevant. Odd how your comments were based on the
> > false presumption that has been repudiated so often in the past few
> > days. It's clear that my last comment to you about having a perfect
> > record of assuming bad faith still applies.
> >

> Please, this is so boring.  You've said that there's nothing "secret"
> about what happened (without adding anything new to your argument)
> over and over again.  By now we've either bought it or we haven't.

What's boring are continuing snide insinuations. Why don't Bryan and
anyone else who insists that the Cyberstalking list was used to
co-ordinate !!'s block say straight out that they think Matt and Guy
and Slim are lying, if that's what they think, rather than using
weaselly innuendo to try to press their point? They should have the
courage of their convictions. I'm not prepared to see them use this
list as a vehicle for turning bad-faith imputations into accepted
fact. There are whole fora devoted to just that purpose, where banned
editors and related malcontents spew their venomous groupthink, and
where their views will be most welcome. This list is not one of them,
and if they keep doing it, I'll continue to call them on it.