[WikiEN-l] On popular culture articles

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Wed Dec 5 15:38:49 UTC 2007

Charlotte Webb schreef:
> On 12/4/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure if this is a positive or negative sign, but it struck me
> > as an amusing experiment!
>
> You loaded the article and found exactly the information you were
> looking for, without having to dig six months into the edit history
> (as I've needed to do, on certain occasions where a once-informative
> article had been chopped and screwed beyond recognition). How could
> yours be a negative sign?

Apparently, the Wikipedia article contained more information than he got
from a superficial look at the original source. If I assume correctly
that the programme in question does not have large amounts of secondary
sources, that would mean that most of the extra content of our article
comes from original research. That's bad.

Eugene

P.S. No, I don't agree with that, but I think it's a common view, for
example among one side of the WebComics war.