[WikiEN-l] Durova/!! matter now in newspaper

Geoffrey Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Dec 5 06:45:07 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:

> On 04/12/2007, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:

> > A suggestion I've been pondering is to expand [[Wikipedia:Mailing
> > lists]] to list _all_ mailing lists where Wikipedia is the topic,
> > annotated and subsectioned to keep the "unofficial" stuff properly
> > segregated of course. The mailing lists don't have to be public or
open,
> > IMO merely listing their existence and subject matter would be very
> > useful for keeping paranoia levels down.
>
> This strikes me as hard to enforce. The cyberstalking list started as
> a cc: list and was then put on Wikia; anyone who feels they have
> something to say to more than one person without a mob inquiry and
> consequent Orlowskiing would just keep it as a cc: list. I don't see
> it as feasible to regulate cc: lists.

Waitasec... was this list one that I participated in in the distant past?
(I assumed David knows which one I'm speaking about.) If so, does this
mean *I* am part of this secret cabal that dictates how Wikipedia is run?

In that case, do I have spend time thinking about what the cabal does
next... or can I simply continue to spend most of my time working on
articles? Thanks to one very insightful editor (who declined my offer to
be nominated for Adminship because he felt he was not worthy), I've
found a resource that allows me to write rather useful articles on towns
in Ethiopia. In all seriousness, I think my skills would be put to better
use there -- as long as people continue to listen when I voice a concern.

Geoff