[WikiEN-l] User honored by the Senate of Puerto Rico

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Dec 5 03:56:07 UTC 2007

Charlotte Webb wrote:
> On 11/30/07, John Reaves <johnreaveswp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I thought this should be announced here (if it hasn't been already) to
>> remind us that we are here to build an encyclopedia, not obsess over drama.
>>

> And yet, the complete lack of interest in this thread offers a deeper
> glimpse into the mind of a mailing list junkie than do all those
> weekly drama-thons.

A less bad-faith-assuming explanation would simply be that there isn't
much to discuss here. We have discussions when there's some
disagreement, or some issue that needs to be worked out, or something of
that sort. This is just information that we all read and don't have much
to say in response, except perhaps for "congrats!", but dozens of
"congrats!" messages wouldn't constitute a discussion either. What
exactly do you think this thread ought to be discussing that it isn't?

-Mark