[WikiEN-l] Durova/!! matter now in newspaper.

Alec Conroy alecmconroy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 11:50:46 UTC 2007

On 12/3/07, joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu <joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu> wrote:
>  I'm almost inclined to wonder if the primary source
> wasn't some very strongly anti-Durova editor. But of course that couldn't
> happen because editors who frown on secrecy would never try to do that,
> nor try
> to use a newspaper to get their way. Frak'n ridiculous.

That's interesting-- I totally don't see going to the press (in the
abstract) as a bad thing, I see it as a valuable RFC from the larger
community--  in the case, the community of humans.

But I wonder if I really believe that, or if I just believe that in
this case because I tend to agree that the Durova Incident was such a
huge deal.   When you have a human brain, you can never really be
sure-- or at least, I can't. :)

Alec