[WikiEN-l] Arbcom mailing lists need shredded

doc doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 3 12:31:36 UTC 2007

Fred Bauder wrote:
> The archives of the arbcom-l mailing list are seldom consulted, so could
> probably be disposed of after a month or two. We need space where we can
> talk candidly about real or imagined problems. That's how we sort out the
> real from the imaginary.
>
> Fred

"We need space where we can talk candidly about real or imagined problems."

Yes, granted - but why secretly as the default?

"real or imagined problems" = real people

I still don't like it - talking about people behind their backs with no
right of reply, or ability to correct gross inaccuracies, but I would be
a lot happier if such  talk was not archived.

Archives fall under the principle of "Freedom of Information"

Doc