[WikiEN-l] Arbiter involvement on the Durova affair

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 08:33:31 UTC 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 11:54 PM, Alec Conroy <alecmconroy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, it's a bit of a dead horse now, since the other sleuths are
> either fictional or permanently silent.  But, "Durova didn't say
> ANYTHING that would make us think !! might be blocked" on the
> Cyberstalking list just isn't realistic--   nobody's gonna buy it, ya
> ought not be trying to sell it.

I think a more realistic version is believing that Durova didn't
intend to block YET because she hadn't enough evidence.

There's a difference between 'I think this person is a sockpuppet of a
banned user' and being sure of it.  In the former case, you try and
prove or disprove, or simply sit on one's suspicions and let things
unfold.

-Matt