[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Mon Dec 3 07:04:50 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:
> >Durova said quite clearly on wikipedia that the response from the 5 ranged
> >from possitive to entheusiastic.
> Durova also said there was enough evidence to block.  I wonder why
> people seem so keen to believe one thing Durova said and not the
> other?

Because Durova's statement is detailed enough that it's unlikely to be a
mistake, so if we don't believe Durova we have to assume Durova is lying.
And we have to assume good faith, so we're not allowed to assume Durova is
lying.

Of course, Durova's remark about five supporters is similar to the classic
"the lurkers support me in email", which often *is* an exaggeration.