[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Dec 2 18:56:46 UTC 2007

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 17:19:12 +0000, Kwan Ting Chan <ktc at ktchan.info>
wrote:

>> That Durova's judgment was badly out is not in dispute; why look for
>> any other explanation?

>You can't just brush aside people desire to check there isn't another,
>the actually correct, explanation as sometimes god forbid what we're
>told isn't necessarily the truth.

Riiiiight.  So assume bad faith in spite of all assertions to the
contrary.  I wonder why that didn't occur to me?

>Convince people why the explanation given is the true one, and that that
>one isn't trying to hide something. Just brushing away queries is only
>going to lead to suspicions that something is being hidden and that they
>should try even harder to look for a different explanation.

You can't convince them because it requires proof of a negative.

Explanations have been given, and the only reason you are still
asking this is because you refuse to accept those explanations.  And
somehow this is my problem?

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk