[WikiEN-l] Newbies who don't act like newbies

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Dec 2 15:41:41 UTC 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 10:02 AM, Kwan Ting Chan <ktc at ktchan.info> wrote:
> What we need to cut out, before it get any worse, is banning of new
> users because they may become disruptive in the future, on shaky grounds
> that they already know the way of the land. We should be applauding
> those that actually RTFM as we often wish.

Other than this single block of !!, do you have any examples of when
that has actually happened?

> As has been said, who cares if an account is a returning banned user /
> friend of WR / ...... At the end of the day, the goal of this project is
> to create an encyclopedia. If the user is not disrupting that goal, then
> leave them be.

I think intent goes a long away, at least in the meta namespace.
Everyone who participated in the Durova arb com, which ultimately
accomplished essentially nothing, wasted our time and disrupted the
goal of creating an encyclopedia.  Should we ban them all?