[WikiEN-l] Arbiter involvement on the Durova affair

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sat Dec 1 14:36:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:52:18 -0500, "Alec Conroy"
<alecmconroy at gmail.com> wrote:

>Unblocked is not exonerated.     Showing that the whole process was a
>farce is exonerated.  If nobody leaked the "secret evidence", everyone
>would assume that there was probably SOMETHING to the evidence, just
>not enough evidence to convict, as it were.

Minor point: Giano explicitly said that he was no longer able to
post it "for your entertainment".  I think that was a Freudian slip.
Giano clearly has contempt for Durova and wishes to cause maximum
embarrassment.  I have some sympathy with the former (this was,
after all, bad judgment handled badly), but not the latter.

>Well, the whole project now knows about the mailing lists.  We know
>that the next time to apparently unrelated admins show up with the
>same opinion, you have to think for a second before automatically
>assuming they are acting independently.

As opposed to the situation before, where it was assumed to be the
IRC cabal.

> publishing the actual "evidence"-- that was  a moral imperative.

No it wasn't.  sending it to ArbCom might have been, but publishing
it was, as Giano freely admitted later, for prurient interest only.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG