[WikiEN-l] Arbiter involvement on the Durova affair

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Sat Dec 1 02:32:24 UTC 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, George Herbert wrote:
> I think we do need to have and protect people willing to whistleblow on
> actual malfeasance should it happen.  But that's not even remotely what
> happened here.  The only goal served by Giano's actions was drama and
> disruption.

Giano posting the message served the goal of exposing a systematic problem.

Certainly exposing problems that people would rather not have exposed can cause
drama and disruption, but as I've pointed out, that's the fault of the
person whose bad behavior is being exposed, not the fault of the person doing
the exposing.