[WikiEN-l] Recent events

Zoney zoney.ie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 09:59:04 UTC 2007

> Lots of rubbish, some glimmerings of substance. I suggest going to the
> archive page:
>
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2007-August/author.html
>
> - and reading by author, not thread. That should cut the crap down to
> maybe 75%.
>
> wikien-l: Still the Official Sewer of English Wikipedia!
>

> - d.

I sure wouldn't want to be trying to follow it using traditional means!
Gmail is quite handy too for both skipping threads and posts. Also one
doesn't have to worry about the high traffic or deleting emails! If I really
had to find something from sometimes back or across all posts, I can just
use gmail search, which is also handy!

I think wiki-en can be useful for getting an idea of Wikipedia goings-on
without reading a bazillion different "Wikipedia:X" type pages daily. Most
big things crop up here - even if they don't deserve to be a big issue. It's
enlightening in itself though to see lots of discussion about a non-issue
that lots of people get fired up about.

Zoney
--
~()____) This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...