[WikiEN-l] Making damn sure image attribution is very clear

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 07:19:40 UTC 2007

On 8/30/07, Eugene van der Pijll <eugene at vanderpijll.nl> wrote:
> The copyright symbol is a bad idea, as it screams out "This image is
> definitely copyrighted". That should not be the default.

I imagine the vast majority of images on Wikipedia are indeed copyrighted.

> The (i) is much better.

For me it doesn't sufficiently convey the idea that it's information
about the photographer/copyright holder. Sure, you'd click if you want
to know more about the image itself, but you don't realise you need to
click it if you want to reuse the image.

Steve