[WikiEN-l] drama and incivility

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Thu Aug 30 01:49:01 UTC 2007

On 29 Aug 2007 at 06:21:04 -0400, "Monahon, Peter B."
<Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV> wrote:

> 	Agreed.  On http://www.mediawiki.org/ (the parent software wiki
> for Wikipedia) I objected to the
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Don't_be_a_dick page which "officially"
> encourages all sorts of disrespect in the community.  I get the attempt
> at humor.  I just prefer humor that does not depend on ridicule and
> denigration, which I find unhealthy for the sender at least as well as
> unhealthy for the receiver of such disregard.  Result?  Banned.  Ouch!

That seems a bit off-topic for the MediaWiki site, which is about the
wiki software, and is entirely distinct from the Meta Wikimedia site
(which is about Wikimedia projects in general).  If you object to
something on a meta.wikimedia.org page, you should object at
meta.wikimedia.org, not at mediawiki.org.

--
== Dan ==