[WikiEN-l] Writing for the Pedia

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Wed Aug 29 15:46:26 UTC 2007

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com schreef:
> There is still such a vast collection of information in a typical
> academic library that we don't cover. I can't imagine ever running out
> of things to write.

If anyone argues that Wikipedia is complete, point them at [[WP:MEA]].
The Missing Articles project has been set up to collects lists of topics
that are covered in other encyclopedias (and similar works).

I think WP contains articles on the majority of subjects in general
English-language encyclopedias, but compared to more specialized works
there are still loads of unwritten articles. There's even a list of
more than 13,000 topics in mathematics that have still to be written,
even though that is a field in which Wikipedia is said to be strong (I
think)...

Eugene