[WikiEN-l] drama and incivility

Aude audevivere at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 16:06:39 UTC 2007

Some messages that come through this mailing list, such as the recent NY
Times article on BLP issues, are good to receive.  I like being informed
about such matters relevant to Wikipedia.  Others like all "Go away, you
trolling fuckwit." have no place on the mailing list.   Am I the only one
here annoyed with such messages?  Why can't we be more cordial and polite
towards one another?  It's gotten to the point where I may unsubscribe.

The drama here, along with AN/I and other places is souring my opinion about
contributing to Wikipedia.  Why bother anymore?  I still like the ideals
behind the project and wish to continue, but would really like it if we can
please tone down the drama and be more civil and cordial towards one
another?  If people can't control themselves, then maybe this list could use
moderation.  Though if the moderator is engaging such language, that's not
good.

--
Aude