[WikiEN-l] Jayjg is AWOL

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Aug 28 09:51:21 UTC 2007

Frank Bellowes wrote:
> The Sockpuppet case is old and evidently occurred when SV was still a
> new editor though, given that she used an "alternate account" to
> support her main account on various pages including "double voting" in
> the instance of a Featured Article nomination, it would have been nice
> had she simply publicly admitted her mistake and apologized. Instead,
> she has sent out private emails explaining away the "alternate
> account" by saying wikipedia was different then, she was new and her
> double voting was simply a "mistake". I think we can excuse an old
> mistake but a bit of contrition would have been nice.
Expecting contrition so long after the fact seems over the top.  At this
late stage there is no way that apologies should be required.  In the
real world there are statutes of limitations to prevent accusers from
leaning too far backwards when they try to put their heads up their
asses.  Recent behaviour is far more significant than ancient history.
I would prefer looking at that recent activity as more indicative of
future trends and look forward with a positive attitude.

Ec