[WikiEN-l] Jayjg is not AWOL

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 27 21:29:12 UTC 2007

Marc Riddell wrote

>The word "trolling", the phrase "to troll", and what
> defines "a troll" all seem to have different meanings to different people in
> the Community. One person, writing in this thread, defined it as "stirring
> shit up".

A troll, to translate, is a provocateur. There are numerous ways of doing the provocation. I suppose the classification is roughly into those who value the attention, and those who value the mischief. Either way, the non-feeding advice is always the soundest. I'm afraid meditations on essentialism for trollness, tenable or not, fail that test.

Charles