[WikiEN-l] Jayjg is AWOL

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 18:27:02 UTC 2007

On 8/28/07, Frank Bellowes <fbellowes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/27/07, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> > NavouWiki wrote:
> > > He does not have to explain his absence.
> >
> > The claimed "absence" is a lie.
> >
> > --Jimbo
> >

> The claimed "absence" is a fact. He hasn't made any edits since August
> 4th and has made no statement explaining his absence. He disappeared
> in conjunction with an RFA case in which he's named as a party.
>
> This behaviour is very irresponsible for a "trusted admin" let alone
> one with various entitlements on the project.
>
> It is reasonable to expect a modicum of accountability and
> transparency. That the ArbComm is discussing this behind closed doors,
> without any sort of mechanism for feedback by users or any sort of
> transparency does not enhance the credibility of the project,
> particularly at a time when it has come under severe criticism that
> has eroded our standing.

I'm not fond of opaqueness, but how is this different from standard
operating procedure? I haven't been an active clerk in ages, but I have
never heard of a change to the policy that hearings and discussions between
parties and arbitrators can be conducted in private, via email. Recall that
even evidence can be submitted by email.

Johnleemk