[WikiEN-l] No RFAs in progress...

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 16:24:40 UTC 2007

> > To be honest, I don't think there are any excessive backlogs. I think
> > we have enough admins as it is. I think admin numbers are increasing
> > roughly linearly, while everything else is increasing roughly
> > exponentially, so we may run into problems eventually, but at the
> > moment, things are working.
>
> Actually things are no longer increasing exponentially.  At least,
> number of articles isn't, and hasn't been since about September 2006.

I'm a nice person.  How often have any of you ever seen be unpleasant?  Much
less curse.  Probably never.

What the fuck are you thinking?

WP:COIN had a chronic backlog of about a hundred cases before the
Wikiscanner got published.  Obviously the site's volunteers weren't spotting
nearly enough problems, much less solving them.

I spent my first months as an administrator frantically trying to keep
WP:RFI from collapsing under the weight of unanswered requests.  A few very
hardworking volunteers weren't enough to keep up with the inflow.  Rather
than attempt to save it the community just shut it down.  So for 2007 I
resolved to admin coach more people.  I send them to COIN and SSP whenever I
can.  I'd like to revive RFI if we ever get enough volunteers to run it,
because the real problems that used to surface there didn't go away - they
go underground.

Wikipedia has a very serious credibility problem because we're not nearly
addressing deliberate exploitation effectively enough.  That credibility
problem is all over the news this week.  And now, at this juncture, seasoned
Wikipedians are actually claiming we don't need more sysops?

I used to be in the Navy.  Occasionally a little Navy language is called
for.  You may mean well, but your head is so far up your ass you think the
sky is brown.

-Durova