[WikiEN-l] Making damn sure image attribution is very clear

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 20:21:08 UTC 2007

http://duncandavidson.com/archives/564

I responded:

"My apologies on behalf of Wikipedia and Wikimedia! I've emailed to
wikien-l and commons-l about this post, asking for suggestions on how
we can do better on this sort of thing. There's an editorial habit on
English Wikipedia of not putting attributions on photos in the
articles themselves, leaving that to the image page ... I think that's
a matter for discussion as well."

I think we have to do better on this, at least in some way. The image
page needs a BIG OBVIOUS CC notice. Many do, but some don't.

- d.