[WikiEN-l] joint authorship

michael west michawest at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 04:38:16 UTC 2007

> On 8/23/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The publisher is Wikipedia, surely? That's stated in plenty of places.
>
> The publisher is the editor of the page. Wikimedia is not a publisher,
> it's just a service provider.. a webhost. If you can find a place
> where it's stated that Wikipedia/Wikimedia is a publisher we'll fix it
> right away.

I'm not a lwayer but doesn't the sentence before you agree to the GFDL say
that other editors will rip your contributions apart mercilessly? (or words
to that effect - "If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly or
redistributed for profit by others, do not submit it.") I am quite sure that
that is a shorthand definition of GFDL!

mike