[WikiEN-l] Ugly RFA developing

Wily D wilydoppelganger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:06:58 UTC 2007

On 8/14/07, Adrian <aldebaer at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Phil Sandifer schrieb:
> > On Aug 14, 2007, at 6:26 AM, George Herbert wrote:
> >

> >> (apparently) A google search finds skeletons in RFA candidate's
> >> closet.  Deleted as BLP (probably mistaken application of BLP, but
> >> perhaps legit NPA or privacy issue), restored, cleaned up, still there
> >> right now.
> >>

> >> [[Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Crockspot]]
> >>

> >> I don't know which side is more disturbing at the moment.
> >>

> > I'm torn here. On the one hand, this is symptomatic of much larger
> > problems in RFA - the obsessiveness needed to Googlestalk an RFA
> > candidate is simply too far off the deep end. On the other hand,
> > Crockspot is a querrelous nutter who shouldn't be given adminship,
> > and plenty of !voters recognized that without needing to read his
> > racist trash. So while I think this is over the line, I also think it
> > makes a crappy test case because Crockspot was never going to make
> > admin.
> >
> > -Phil
> >
> Well, he has 70+ supports which surely didn't come out of nowhere. And
> since his '''on-wiki''' behaviour appears to be acceptable, there's no
> obvious '''on-wiki''' reason this RfA couldn't --or shouldn't, for that
> matter-- have passed - or why another RfA in several months wouldn't.
>
> Adrian

Indeed, his RFA is lurching along, and still in the "discretion" percentages
... the outcome is not clear at all.  Truth be told, looking over his
history, there are a few troublesome incidents, but nothing screams "NO!" -
you really have to dig.  If the Conservative Underground like wasn't
advertised on his userpage, would enough editors have really done enough
digging to find the troublesome spots?  A lot of RFA evaluations seem very
superficial (and this just isn't a complaint about the opposes on my RFA!).

WilyD