[WikiEN-l] Help editing article with conflict of interest

Dave Burstein garb at dslprime.com
Wed Aug 22 03:52:50 UTC 2007

Folks

     I believe the article about Jupitermedia should be edited as
noted below. Because I do a conference with them, I have a conflict
of interest. So I marked it as non-neutral and made these suggestions
on the talk page.  I hope someone neutral will take a moment and edit
the page. My best guess is that unhappy former employees are using
the page to vent. I do not believe the factual material they present
should be eliminated, but should be reduced to an appropriate length
and presented neutrally.

     Thanks for helping solve this.

My comment
I have added a note to the page, because I think the dispute is
irrelevant and should be mostly eliminated and shortened. I work with
Jupiter on a conference, so did not want to make the change myself.

  Note added to page - delete when updated.

  I believe the below, and some of the above, should be edited for
length, style, and relevancy. I did not do so because I do a
conference with Jupitermedia and prefer to avoid the controversy
about whether those with an interest should edit. I urge any neutral
editor who sees this page to improve it, and have posted this to a
forum as well. I have included my email in the history and will be
glad to provide information. I strongly strongly support Wikipedia
and use it regularly. db

  My suggested change would shorten the bits about particular items
in Jupiter's past. I believe the issues are appropriate and as far as
I know factual, and hence appropriate to include in Wikipedia. But I
do not think they should dominate an article about a large public
company that has a substantial history on the Internet. I therefore
think they should be reduced to short bits and made neutral.

   Happy to provide information and/or connect people with sources.
Dave Burstein email  daveb dslprime.com