[WikiEN-l] Our content gets *everywhere*

Kat Walsh kat at mindspillage.org
Thu Aug 23 19:56:35 UTC 2007

On 8/23/07, Eugene van der Pijll <eugene at vanderpijll.nl> wrote:
> Anthony schreef:
> > Changing the license of every article would take a long time, but it
> > could be done.  Changing a fraction of the articles would be even
> > easier.
>
> We will be able to change the license to GFDL v2, when it is released.
> And after that, it may be relicensed to a new GNU Wiki license, which
> will hopefully be better suited for Wikis. But we have to rely on the
> good sense of the FSF for that...
>
> Is the Foundation talking to the FSF about this? (I know this is not the
> best mailing list to ask this.)

Yes, we are talking about the new versions.

Also, if you have suggestions you would like to see us talk to them
about, please make them on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GFDL_suggestions -- or make them on the
public draft on the FSF site, also, but it's interesting to see what
Wikimedians think specifically.

-Kat

--
Wikimedia needs you: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising