[WikiEN-l] No RFAs in progress...

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 18:14:27 UTC 2007

On 8/23/07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> What about "semi-adminship"?  The power to block, delete, and view
> deleted articles, but not to unblock, undelete, edit while blocked, or
> edit while protected?
>
> Maybe the block power could even be time limited.
>
> Where are the biggest backlogs that make more admins necessary in the
> first place?

None. Current requirement for admin actions could be trivialy met by
existing admins. In practice it is met by a group of less than 100.

11K actions would get you into the top 50 most active admins of all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Misza13/admin_actions

Snapshots over a shorter time period show an even more extream patturn
of a small number of admins carrying out most of the admin actions.

We don't /need/ the majority of existing admins as admins.

--
geni