[WikiEN-l] No RFAs in progress...

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Aug 23 17:12:05 UTC 2007

On 8/23/07, Eugene van der Pijll <eugene at vanderpijll.nl> wrote:
> Anthony schreef:
> > What about "semi-adminship"?  The power to block, delete, and view
> > deleted articles, but not to unblock, undelete, edit while blocked, or
> > edit while protected?
>
> That would give the "destructive" admin powers to semi-admins, while
> withholding the "constructive" ones.

I strongly disagree with your characterization of those powers as
"destructive" and "constructive".  All admin powers are capable of
being both "destructive" and "constructive".

> It would make more sense to me to give deletion-related powers to admins
> first, because those can do less permanent damage. (Deleted articles can
> always be undeleted; but we may never be able to get contributors back
> who have been blocked.)

I don't know, I think it really comes down to a question of where the
backlog is.

The backlog is probably in the area of making sound judgements
(especially in deciding whether or not to delete).  This can be done
without adminship at all, though.