[WikiEN-l] No RFAs in progress...

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 17:10:35 UTC 2007

On 23/08/07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> What about "semi-adminship"?  The power to block, delete, and view
> deleted articles, but not to unblock, undelete, edit while blocked, or
> edit while protected?
>
> Maybe the block power could even be time limited.

Suggested hundreds of times in hundreds of different forms, and
rejected every time. Also, admins can't edit while blocked, they can,
however, unblock themselves, so it's generally a moot point. While
there are certainly reasons for introducing such a system, and I may
even support if done right, I don't think we would get a consensus to
do so.

> Where are the biggest backlogs that make more admins necessary in the
> first place?

To be honest, I don't think there are any excessive backlogs. I think
we have enough admins as it is. I think admin numbers are increasing
roughly linearly, while everything else is increasing roughly
exponentially, so we may run into problems eventually, but at the
moment, things are working. That's the major point people complaining
about RfA seem to miss (and a point I made earlier in this thread).