[WikiEN-l] No RFAs in progress...

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:32:50 UTC 2007

> If our goal is actually to have good admins then we must be willing to
> remove the powers from people who misuse them.  If we are already
> doing that, then we have no reason to worry about giving adminship to
> someone who will misuse it, since we could just reverse their actions
> and remove the adminship.

At the moment the arbcom can remove admin powers, though it takes
blowing it quite severely for them to act fast.

Most of the whining that "it's impossible to de-admin someone" means
the complainant is upset that someone can't be deadminned because the
complainant is upset, and there's all this *tedious procedure* to go
through. In practice, it's easier now than it's ever been.

- d.