[WikiEN-l] No RFAs in progress...

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:24:53 UTC 2007

> No, you just remove the admin powers.

So you are proposing introducing a quick and easy way to desysop
people? Perhaps allow crats to desysop (requires a little developer
work, but not too much), and leave it pretty much to their discretion,
similar to how blocks are pretty much at admins discretion now.

> > Also, it's necessary for admins not only to be trustworthy, but to be
> > trusted. We have enough problems with that as it is, making everyone
> > that's been around for 6 months (or whatever) an admin would reduce
> > that trust even more.
>
> I really don't know what you mean by that.

It's all about perception. An admin may be trustworthy, but if the
community don't trust them, then it can cause numerous problems, lots
of time wasted dealing with complaints, etc.

> Rich Holton proposed this back in February:
>
> Select at random 100 editors who meet some minimal criteria* and make
> them admins.

Yes, and very few people liked the idea then, too.