[WikiEN-l] Colbert on WikiScanner

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Thu Aug 23 00:01:59 UTC 2007

> My impression is that Colbert is actually pro-Wikipedia.

...which makes his stuff weirdly multilayered.  He's (apparently) pro-
Wikipedia, and he expresses this (and gets humor for his show) by
giving it some good-natured ribbing... which, in turn, he
accomplishes by having his persona of an ignorant idiot spouting
conservative dogma give empty-headed straw-man "praise" of it.

> He'll make mincemeat out of anyone who doesn't grasp his kind of
> humour.

Actually, what he does is "humor"... what Monty Python does is
"humour".

--
== Dan ==