[WikiEN-l] Colbert on WikiScanner

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:12:55 UTC 2007

> My impression is that Colbert is actually pro-Wikipedia.  He'll make
> mincemeat out of anyone who doesn't grasp his kind of humour.  When he
> was on Jimbo showed himself able to roll with the punches.  By contrast
> when Colbert asked Andrew (Cult of the Amateur) Keen what he thought of
> Wikipedia, Keen appeared very uncomfortable. Keen's pomposity is easily
> deflated.  Someone without a sense of humour that appears on Colbert
> would do just as well to appear on Jerry Springer.

I think it was pretty clear from the Jimbo interview that he is a big
fan (he said as much in his honest voice at the end). Andrew "I really
need to be slapped" Keen appeared as assholish as he does everywhere.
Even a little bit more so (few people can "out-jerk" the
Colbert-character), if that's possible.

--Oskar