[WikiEN-l] Our content gets *everywhere*

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Wed Aug 22 00:32:19 UTC 2007

On 21 Aug 2007 at 14:44:29 +0100, "Thomas Dalton"
<thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> > It's very easy for us to say that they broke the rules. What were they
> > supposed to do?
>
> They should have done something. Actual compliance is rather
> complicated, but it's not difficult to at least be honourable and
> admit that it's not your text.

So, basically, we want people reusing our content to show some sign
that they are attempting in good faith to comply with the license,
even if they don't quite dot the i's and cross the t's in a manner
that can't be nitpicked to death by a lawyer.  Perhaps we should
have, somewhere prominently linked from our copyright license page,
some plain-English non-lawyerese explanation of the bare minimum that
would be needed by a reuser to show such good faith and not be
ridiculed by us (even if we're not generally inclined to sue).

--
== Dan ==