[WikiEN-l] Why geeks are annoying

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 13:49:44 UTC 2007

> Realistically, though, I think there is something to be said for clear,
> no-bullshit communication. That doesn't necessarily mean it has to be
> rude, but if I had to pick between someone being blunt with me and
> someone lying to or misleading me, I'll pick blunt every time.

I agree absolutely, but then we're talking on a Wikipedia mailing
list, so I think we probably qualify as geeks. ;)

The talk reported in the blog explains it quite well. Geeks are happy
to add in the pleases and thank yous that they know were meant, so you
don't have to waste time typing them. Non-geeks generally aren't. I
prefer the geek way, but I think we're somewhat outnumbered.