[WikiEN-l] Why geeks are annoying

Todd Allen toddmallen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 01:25:44 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:
> http://geeketiquette.com/archives/2007/08/19/geek-to-geek-communications-with-michael-schwern/
>
> And just think about what happens to the social environment when you
> mix lots of people communicating like that into a working group of
> four thousand or so.
>

> - d.

What if everyone else is annoying, and the geeks are fine? </smartassery>

Realistically, though, I think there is something to be said for clear,
no-bullshit communication. That doesn't necessarily mean it has to be
rude, but if I had to pick between someone being blunt with me and
someone lying to or misleading me, I'll pick blunt every time.