[WikiEN-l] Our content gets *everywhere*

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 15:53:37 UTC 2007

On 8/18/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think it is squarely and cleanly fair use.  It's a sentence and a half
> > for goodness sake!
>
> There is more to fair use than just using a small amount.

I also think there is a philosophical point here: we are supposed to
be the shining beacon of Free Culture, and while that doesn't mean
that we don't protect our content, it also means that we don't go
around suing everyone RIAA-style. Whether or not it's "Fair Use",
legally speaking, it is certainly not super-nefarious-evil-"Unfair
Use" by common sense standards. It's just a random sentence

Let them have it.

--Oskar