[WikiEN-l] MONGO v. SevenOfDiamonds

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:45:38 UTC 2007

On 8/17/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> Anyone unconvinced that Wikipedia is run on a "some animals are more
> equal than others" basis should look at MONGO's ongoing efforts to
> pin something on SevenOfDiamonds, as seen in its latest stage here:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/A
> rbitration_enforcement
>
> Having tried and failed multiple times to get SevenOfDiamonds labeled
> as one or another of various banned users of the past, he had yet
> another try here, still failing to prove his point even though he had
> the support and sympathy of various admins.
>
> The great irony in all of this is that MONGO and his friends love to
> attack and ridicule everybody who keeps trying to bring actions
> against MONGO; the fact that almost all of them have failed (except
> for the one that led to his desysopping) is given as evidence that
> they're all frivolous and laughable, and that the people who bring
> them should be sanctioned for harassment.
>
> By those standards, MONGO is certainly guilty of harrassment for his
> repeated unsuccessful attempts to bring action against this user.

As a person with no stake in this case whatsoever, I do think the
evidence is pretty convincing. It's not water-tight, but it is
certainly enough to warrant suspicion.

Again, I don't care either way about who's right. I'm just saying that
to me, SevenOfDiamonds and this Nuclear-guy look very much like the
same user.

--Oskar